Benefits of Choosing a Holistic Alcohol Treatment Center
We live in a society where alcohol abuse isn’t just normalized but even encouraged. Most people engage in binge drinking from time to time, with even higher rates of binging among college students and young adults. So it’s easy to see how alcoholics can come to dismiss their disease as no problem at all. After all, commercials, movies, television shows, and perhaps even friends and family steadfastly work to normalize the experience of addiction to alcohol.
Alcohol is every bit as addictive as other drugs, claiming nearly 90,000 lives each year. If you struggle with excessive drinking, you deserve treatment at a Toronto holistic center that works with your values, needs, and medical issues.
Alcohol Addiction: A Lifestyle Disease
Alcoholism is about so much more than just deciding one day to take too many drinks. Instead, alcohol makes its way into every aspect of alcoholics’ lives. Worse still, because alcohol forms such a core portion of our collective social life, alcohol is difficult to avoid. Many alcoholics find themselves constantly resisting temptation at school functions, family events, and even religious ceremonies.
The results are predictable: a disease that affects every aspect of an alcoholic’s life. You may find that alcohol addiction undermines your ability to:
- Parent your children.
- Care for your pets.
- Provide your spouse with love and support.
- Get ahead at work.
- Make it to class every day.
- Remain motivated in the face of stress.
- Have fun without getting intoxicated.
- Relate to others.
- Be honest with yourself.
- Enjoy once-beloved hobbies
This is why a holistic alcohol treatment center can prove invaluable in the fight against addiction. Holistic recovery, as the name implies, treats the whole person—not just a disease. Treatment that explores the spiritual, financial, legal, social, relationship, and psychological effects of alcohol addiction is more likely to work than any other approach. And if you’re going to spend your hard-earned cash on a comprehensive treatment program, you should choose one that’s likely to get it right the first time.
Why Sobriety is Not Enough
In the field of addiction medicine, experts often refer to the concept of “white knuckle sobriety.” White knuckle sobriety is what happens when you decide to quit drinking, without a plan or proper treatment in place. Addiction to alcohol comes with a 40% to 60% relapse rate, and among those who opt for a white knuckle approach to sobriety, the rate of relapse is significantly higher.
So why isn’t it enough to work toward sobriety? The reason is simple: you didn’t randomly decide to start drinking one day. A complex cascade of events led to your alcoholism. Maybe a history of trauma or intense stress play a role. Perhaps health problems cause you to turn to the bottle for a little relief. Whatever the reason behind your alcoholism, sobriety will be nearly impossible until you treat this underlying cause. A holistic alcohol treatment center can help you do exactly that.
What Happens at a Holistic Alcohol Treatment Center?
Holistic alcohol treatment is far and away from the most effective option for getting and staying sober. But if you’re like most alcoholics, you’re a little reticent to sign up for treatment, especially if you have no idea what to expect. Our Toronto holistic center offers the following services, and we strongly encourage you to pursue treatment programs that include these options:
- Confidential individual counseling with a trained addiction counselor. Through therapy, you’ll learn to identify your triggers for use, gain a deeper understanding of alcoholism, and get assistance managing both psychological and physical cravings.
- Group support programs. It might seem strange to talk to total strangers about your addiction, but group support helps you feel less alone while offering you the chance to learn from other addicts’ experiences. Both 12-step programs and group therapy can help you win the war against addiction.
- Lifestyle skills building. Sobriety isn’t enough. You’ll have to learn how to live a healthy, happy life, even without the help of alcohol. We offer help locating healthy food options, assistance achieving your short and long-term goals, and a host of classes and seminars to distract you from your cravings and help you master a newer, healthier way of living.
- Detox care to help you safely and quickly get sober and flush alcohol from your system.
- Medical care. Alcoholism is a disease, which means it can undermine your short and long-term health. Our team of skilled psychiatric nurses can help you get back on track health-wise while offering you tips on how to reverse the damage alcohol has caused.
- Education about the disease of addiction.
- Support for your family, including regular family visitation and family therapy that can help you resolve the issues that led to your addiction.
Signs You Need Treatment for an Alcohol Use Disorder
If you think you might benefit from the offerings of a holistic alcohol treatment center, don’t let the lies of denial keep you away from the help you need. Some signs that you may be an addict include:
- Drinking more than two drinks per day on a regular basis.
- Routinely drinking more than four to five drinks in a single drinking session.
- Spending all or much of your time with other heavy drinkers.
- Drinking and driving.
- Being arrested because of your drinking.
- Organizing your day around when you’ll get your next drink.
- Doing things you regret while under the influence of alcohol.
- Suffering alcohol-related health problems, such as cirrhosis of the liver.
- Struggling relationships as a result of your alcohol use.
- Difficulty being able to accomplish your daily tasks.
- Requests from friends or family to pursue treatment for your alcoholism.
- Being hospitalized due to alcohol poisoning.
- Taking alcohol alongside other drugs—whether prescription or illegal.
- Using alcohol to sleep, or to cope with the pain of mental or physical ailments.
Why Choose Toronto Addiction Centre?
If you’re on the fence about seeking treatment for your alcoholism, now’s the time to get off the fence and make a decision! Each day you spend as an alcoholic is a day of your precious life wasted. And each day you spend drinking could be your last. Accidental overdoses, serious health problems, and fatal accidents are par for the course when you’re an alcoholic. Don’t let alcoholism claim your life or destroy your family. You deserve help right now. Our Toronto holistic center offers you the treatment you deserve, at a price you can afford. Call Addiction Rehab Centres Canada today!